- 36 years old.
- Raised in Manchester.
- Graduated from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London in 1997.
- Designed Kate Middleton's wedding dress for her marriage to Prince William on April 29, 2011.
- Joined Alexander McQueen as an intern in 1996.
- Took over the label as head designer after McQueen's suicide in 2010.
- Designed the black and red gown Michelle Obama wore to a state dinner in 2011.
- Feminine take on Alexander McQueen's dramatic vision..
What You Might Not Know About Sarah Burton
- She's married to a photographer, David Burton.
- She designed the wedding dress for Sara Buys' wedding to Tom Parker Bowles (Camilla's son) in 2005 (where it is said she caught the eye of Kate Middleton.)
- Sarah Burton told Vogue that in her interview with Alexander McQueen the designer asked her if she believed in UFOs.