- Born María Carolina Josefina Pacanins y Niño in Caracas, Venezuela in 1939.
- Married to Guillermo Behrens Tello 1955-65 (divorced).
- Married to Reinaldo Herrera in 1968.
- Four daughters, six grandchildren.
- Debuted with a test colleciton in 1980, moved her family to New York.
- Expanded her empire to include perfume, accessories and bridal.
- CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year, 2004.
- Glamorous day and eveningwear.
What You Might Not Know About Carolina Herrera
- She attended her first couture show, at age 13. It was Cristobal Balenciaga.
- She made international best-dressed lists before she became a designer.
- When she became a fashion designer at age 41, it was her first job outside the home.
- Famous clients included Jackie Onassis.