It's one thing to love fashion. Quite another to love all of the nonsense that sometimes surrounds the fashion shows.
Contrary to popular belief, many of the working people at the tent -- security, photographers, editors, writers, publicists, etc. -- are fairly decent to work with.
But occasionally you'll get a harried photographer screaming obscenities or a scorned editor who is asked to give up a seat.
Here's some of the more interesting scoop from the week:
- Pretentious C-list Celeb Moment (which may or may not have actually happened but had the photographers gossiping): Tori Spelling's publicist melting down when Tori got a bad seat at a fashion show saying "Tori does NOT sit behind columns."
- Funniest Model Comment: One journalist took her 7-year-old daughter backstage at a show and a model was delighted to inform her that she and the grade school cutie were the same size.
- Second Funniest Model Comment:My best friend caught a car service into the city with an aspiring model who lamented that she was "Only a zero, not a double zero."
- Nicest Fashion Celeb: Phillip Bloch. Chatted with him for a minute and he had the best fur scarf, too.
- Best Fashion Week Sponsor: Kohler. Plush port-a-potties sponsored by the plumbing fixture makers made everyone feel just a little more special.
- Most Coveted Freebie: The pink suede tote bag from Women's Entertainment. We all wanted it not because it was the most adorable bag but because a) it was free and b) only distributed during limited times (which made it all the more desirable).