- Born November 3, 1949 in London.
- Dropped out of school at 16.
- Married to David Shaffer 1984 to 1999 (divorced).
- Two children Charlie and Bee.
- First fashion job was in retail at the famous boutique Biba at age of 15.
- Started in fashion journalism as an editorial assistant at magazine Harpers & Queens in 1970.
- Moved to New York in 1975 and became a junior fashion editor at Harpers Bazaar. Was fired after less than a year.
- First worked as a fashion editor for Penthouse publisher Bob Guccione's women's magazine, Viva, 1977-79.
- Worked for an assortment of other magazines including Savvy, New York, British Vogue and House & Garden.
- Took over as editor-in-chief of Vogue in 1988.
- Black sunglasses, bobbed hair, fur, Chanel suits.
What You Might Not Know About Anna Wintour
- She champions young designers, like a once-broke Marc Jacobs who she helped early on by talking Donald Trump into giving the designer use of the Plaza ballroom for a show.
- She is a tennis buff, reportedly rising before 6 AM to play before work.