Worn right, tweed looks modern and hip. Here's how to wear tweed the right way:
- Tweed looks best in small doses: a close-fitting jacket, a pair of cute pumps or a bag.
- The older you are, the less tweed you should wear. Sounds cruel, but this familiar fabric conjures up images of matrons.
- Don't wear your tweed literally --like with matching skirt-- for the most interesting looks. Instead, pair with denim, a flirty skirt or a bright pair of cords.
- Splash in plenty of color: tweed carries lots of hues in its weave, so pick an accent color and go with it as a top, scarf or accessory.
- Play with other textures to complement and soften the tweed. With a tweed jacket, pair a silky camisole. With tweed pumps, pair a gossamer skirt.