Skinny-leg jeans look great on models and celebrities, but can real women pull off this runway look? Sure, if you follow a few guidelines:
- The most slimming look comes from skinny jeans in a dark blue or black wash.
- You don't have to go with skin-tight jeans to get the look of the trend: jeans vary from super-skinny (usually about a 10" leg opening) to a kinder, straight-leg cut (about 14" leg opening).
- One of the key elements for pulling off skinny jeans is to balance it with volume on top including dolman-sleeve tops, bell-sleeve tops or tunics.
- Disguise heavy thighs by wearing a longer, belted tunic over skinny jeans.
- Cover up thick calves by tucking skinny jeans into tall boots.
- Wear heels with skinny jeans for a leg-lengthening look; pointy-toed flats also work.