Gray may be the season's hottest hue, but that doesn't necessarily make it easy to carry off. Here's how to wear gray:
- Add shine to gray. Either choose gray pieces with hints of metallic thread or sequins, or layer with a sequin or satin piece.
- For the most sophisticated look, pair gray with black or white. Or wear various shades of gray, layering dove gray and charcoal together.
- Add interest to gray with color. Jewel tones -- ruby, purple, cobalt -- all look rich with gray. Many women find the best way to wear gray is as a jacket or bottom, using color (in the form of a blouse or shell) up close to the face for flattery.
- Look for gray pieces cut in feminine and contemporary -- not boring basic -- pieces. Swing jackets, a pair of wide-legged trousers or a sexy satin minidress all work great in gray.
- Use accessories to add color and texture to gray. Look for pretty jewel-tone bags or shoes. Exotic skins -- especially snakeskin or faux snake -- in black or black and white look great with gray.