Question: How To Layer?
Answer: Layering can stretch your wardrobe and take basics year-round. How to do it right:
- Layer lightweight skirts and dresses over jeans. Works best over skinny jeans and with skirts that arent too full or long (around knee-length).
- Layer funky t-shirts over long-sleeve white (or other solid) T-shirts.
- Get a great go-with-everything fitted jacket in denim, corduroy or velvet.
- Layer the bottom half of your body with tights worn under knee-high boots.
- For a polished, professional look you can layer a matching shell and cardigan (aka a twinset).
- For a fashion-forward look mix fabrics: put a sequined shrug over a T-shirt, a velvet jacket over a beaded top or a denim jacket over black jersey.