Fall/Winter Fashion Trends
What to Buy Now -- Shop for Fall 2009 trends, from suede boots to budget coats.
10 Fall Trends You'll Love to Wear -- From print leggings to leather, there is something for every woman this fall.
5 Back-to-School Looks to Steal from Your Kids -- Vests, bling and color pops: cute on kids, even better on you.
How to Wear...
How to Wear Ankle Boots -- Wear the season's hottest shoe, the bootie, the right way with skinny jeans, tights and short skirts.
How to Wear a Scarf -- Get ready for cold weather and look chic by adding a scarf accent.
How to Wear a Hat -- Top off your look the right way with a hat.
Fall Fashion Classics You Need to Own -- Trend-proof your fall wardrobe with plaids, white shirts and fitted jackets.
Fall 2009 Designer Collection Photo GalleriesFall 2009 Collection Highlights -- See my favorite looks from the shows, from both big-name and newer designers.
- Marc Jacobs -- The big-shoulder, pink and paisley days of the '80s.
- BCBG -- Easy-to-wear dresses with interesting details (ruching, ruffles, seaming).
- Lacoste -- Casual elegance like snap-front coats and jumpsuits in soft wool knit.
- Georges Chakra -- Red-carpet looks.
- Jason Wu -- The Inauguration gown designer showed ladylike pieces in twin-prints tweed and embellished full skirts.
- Diane von Furstenberg -- The mix included skinny leather pants, oversized sweaters, camo prints and crafty pieces.
Fall 2009 Collections, On-the-Scene Blog
- Countdown to Fashion Week: The Show Must Go On -- Fashion Week has survived difficult times before.
- Fashion Week, Day 1: Making Do -- Fashion show attendees stretch their wardrobe dollars.
- Fashion Week, Day 2: Looking for (Media) Love -- What does it take to get your photo taken around this place?
- Fashion Week, Day 3: Mix Masters -- Designers revisit grunge mixes for fall.
- Fashion Week, Day 4: Bedazzle It -- Studs, crystals, rosettes, beads: how will you take your embellishment this fall?
- Fashion Week, Day 5: The New Immodesty -- A 'new modesty' in fashion? Marc Jacobs bucked that trend with a colorful romp back to the '80s.
- Fashion Week, Day 6: A Few of My Favorite Looks -- Inspiration and new looks extend beyond the obvious trends. See which looks I liked, then vote on what you think.
- Fashion Week, Day 7: A Common Thread -- Women only demand 2 things from fashion: to look pretty and look appropriate.