- Born in April 9, 1963 in New York City.
- High School of Art and Design; Parsons School of Design.
- Launched his label in 1986.
- V.P. of Perry Ellis Design in 1989.
- Council of Fashion Designers of America Womenswear Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent, 1987; CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year, 1992, 1997; Menswear Designer of the Year, 2002; Accessories Designer of the year 1999, 2003, 2005.
- Started Marc Jacobs Intl in 1993.
- Designer for Louis Vuitton's first ready-to-wear, 1997.
- Launched handbag collection in 2000.
- Nostalgic layered looks with wit.
What You Might Not Know About Marc Jacobs
- He debuted the grunge look -- flannel shirts layered over cashmere thermals, work with skull caps and Doc Martens -- and it got him fired from Perry Ellis,
- His longtime business partner, Robert Duffy, is the brains behind the creative Marc Jacobs operation.
- Counts quirky celebrities as muses and clients, including Sofia Coppola, Winona Ryder and Christina Ricci.