- Born 1961 in Brazil.
- Francisco Costa's longterm partner is a horse trainer.
- Graduated FIT.
- Worked for Oscar de la Renta for 5 years.
- Worked for Gucci, under Tom Ford.
- Took over as creative director of Calvin Klein in 2003 after working there a year.
- Two-time Womenswear Designer of the Year, from Council of Fashion Designers of America
- Clean, sleek lines.
- Simple, subdued colors like black, white and gray.
What You Might Not Know About Francisco Costa
- His inspirations have included horses, a vase and a black man's legs in fishnet stockings.
- He lives in Midtown.
- Costa drapes his designs on a model.