- Born Donna Ivy Faske October 9, 1948 in Forest Hills, New York.
- Attended Parsons School of Design.
- Married to Mark Karan 1974 to 1978 (divorced).
- Married to Steven Weiss from 1983 until his death in 2001
- Three children and six grandchildren.
- Became Anne Klein designer in 1974.
- Launched her label in 1984 with her late husband Steven Weiss.
- Launched DKNY in 1989.
- Three Coty Awards; Honored by the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards in 1985, 1986, 1987. Womenswear Designer of the Year, 1990, 1996; Menswear Designer of the Year, 1992.
- Awarded CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004.
- Seven interchangeable black pieces that wrap and sculpt the body.
What You Might Not Know About Donna Karan
- She originated the concept of "bridge" dressing (lower priced than designer, higher than moderate) while still at Anne Klein.
- Donna Karan resigned as CEO in 1997, but keeps the title of chief designer of the company that bears her name.