How to Add Color to Your Wardrobe
Neutrals are fine for much of your wardrobe, but color adds punch and personality if you know how to use it.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: Varies
- Start by holding different color swatches up to your face to find flattering hues.
- Assess your current wardrobe to decide which colors coordinate best.
- Narrow it down to two or three new vivid colors.
- If it's an acceptable color for makeup like rose or fuchsia, start by using the color on your lips or nails.
- Add a scarf in one of your new bright colors.
- Try a camisole in the new color under a neutral jacket.
- Once you've incorporated color in small amounts, try adding accent pieces like jackets
- Don't stray too far from your normal style with color -- it you're used to wearing beiges, fuchsia will be too stark of a contrast.
- Don't pay too much attention to which colors you should or shouldn't wear according to your hair, skin an eye colors. Most of us have cosmetically altered our natural colors anyway.
- Do put bright colors on or near your best assets, because they draw attention.