Still wearing white pantyhose with black shoes? Get with the program with these simple rules.
Time Required: Varies
- Pantyhose colors should tie the outfit together.
- For a monochromatic look, choose dark hosiery with a dark bottom and shoes.
- For a trendier look, choose nude (an exact skintone match) hose, because a bare-legged look is still popular.
- For a flattering look, choose opaque tights with shorter skirts to minimize leg size.
- Avoid wearing matching hosiery for a monochromatic look unless you are wearing neutrals or darks such as beige, charcoal, navy or black.
- Avoid high-contrast between the hosiery and shoe colors (like white hose with black shoes).
- Never wear white hosiery unless you are a nurse or a bride.
- The sheerer the hose, the dressier the look. Choose semi-sheer for day, sheer for evening.
- Avoid dark or heavy opaque hosiery with strapless or sleeveless dresses: it will look too heavy.
- Don't spend too much on hosiery: they all get runs and pulls.
- Avoid fishnets, imprinted tattoos and other hosiery fads that are difficult to pull off unless you're a teenager.