Neutrals are fine for much of your wardrobe, but color adds punch and fashion personality if you know how to use it.
Time Required: Varies
- Start by holding different color swatches up to your face to find flattering hues.
- Assess your current wardrobe to decide which colors coordinate best.
- Narrow it down to two or three new vivid colors.
- If you choose an acceptable color for makeup like rose or fuchsia, start by using the color on your lips or nails.
- Add a scarf in one of your new bright colors.
- Try a camisole in the new color under a neutral jacket.
- Substitute vibrant shoes for your basic black ones.
- Begin to use color to express yourself: red for power, pink for flirting, black for chicness, etc.
- Don't stray too far from your normal style with color: if you're used to wearing beiges, fuchsia will be too stark of a contrast.
- Don't pay too much attention to which colors you should or shouldn't wear according to your hair, skin an eye colors. Most of us have cosmetically altered our natural colors anyway.
- Do put bright colors on or near your best assets, because they draw attention.