How to wear this trend
Throwing on a pair of windpants and a baggy tee just won’t cut it: if you’re going to pull of this look, follow these pointers:
- Tracksuits are not to be worn baggy: fitted and trim is required, especially as far as the top goes. Pants can be worn loose, as long as they’re slung low and not too wide.
- For a sporty edge, look for tops with number patches and crests. Tip: Choose your favorite hot football player’s number for a subtle sign of admiration <wink wink>.
- You may not be exactly sure exactly what sport Rugby is, but that doesn’t mean the preppy uniform isn’t the perfect inspiration! Look for wide-striped, stretch rugby tops: perfect with a schoolgirl mini.
- Funky two-toned baseball tees –- sleeveless, elbow-length, or capped –- are chic and casual. Pair with khaki or pinstriped trousers for a funky look.
- Instead of throwing on your trusty ol’ jean jacket on cold days, try a classic warm-up jacket (think vintage Adidas, circa 1980).
- There is no worse way to ruin of pair of trendy trainers than to wear the wrong socks. I definitelyrecommend super-low anklets (especially golf-style socks with the fuzzy trim at the back!).
More about Casey's Clicks: Casey is a teenage, fashion-lovin' girl who describes her own style as "trendy prep." Look for more teen fashion at TeenScene.