How your garments should fit
- Long sleeved garments should hit just below the wrist bone with just a little ease (shouldn't be too tight or loose)
- A button-front blouse should never gap open at the bustline. If the garment seems to fit, the problem may just be wide-spaced buttons. Attach a snap.
- A slim or pencil skirt should fit without bunching or wrinkling up. Do the sit-down test.
- Hemline correction -- skirts should be completely straight all the way around. If that's not the case (because of hips or tummy) have it rehemmed.
- Tailored pants should fall to the top of your instep.
- Long, formal gowns should fall to about an inch off the ground.